Friday 22 August 2008

Practice

St Michael's Mount might seem an unusual place to practice for this trip; but my cousin Simon lives and works here, and he and his wife Kerry are giving us a lovely evening before we set off for 4 days walking on the Cornish Coast Path round to St Ives, where my Auntie Wendy lives. The path goes round the land on the right of the picture, which is fairly flat here, but once we get to Lands End - and especially from Zennor - it is continually up and down, the nearest we can get to the Austrian hills we are about to meet.
It didn't rain here today - the first day for ages; but actually we want the full variety of weather that Cornwall can provide, to test out our kit as well as our knees and our walking poles. So far it seems fine, but my boots and pack are new, and need this 35 miles or so to get used to me.
I also wanted to find out how to put a photo into a blog on a strange computer, and it seems to be working.

No comments: